A great compromise is to live off-campus if you are pursuing college in Washington D.C., thereby giving yourself the opportunity to live independently, have more control over your space, and spend less time in the same physical area as other students. Avoiding the packed hallways and common areas of a dorm by choosing off campus housing may be just the thing to promote peace of mind in such uncertain times.
Colleges are working very hard to keep in-person classes safe and socially distanced, but 2020 has presented challenges that have made parents and students alike worried about the close quarters in dormitory and shared housing. Such communal spaces are often crowded, after all, and various higher education institutions have experienced rapid COVID-19 spread as a result.
How We Can Help
We take our residents’ well-being and security very seriously. Our communities are kept to a very high standard of cleanliness, and residents are offered opportunities like hands-free delivery for parcels to minimize their contact with others. Preventing the virus’ spread is important to all of us, and we have created policies for social distancing, required masks in communal areas, and kept our staff compliant with COVID-19 health guidelines.
We can also offer amenities that aren’t available in most dormitories, including:
- Our Mobile Doorman application, which helps avoid in-person contact for package or grocery delivery, gym reservations, registering guests, and communicating with other residents via a digital bulletin board
- Our Bio-Protect Program, which goes beyond disinfecting to protect surfaces against bacteria, virus, fungus, and mold, thus keeping all our apartment communities at a superior standard of cleanliness
- Online administrative tasks, meaning we have digitized our processes to minimize in-person contact — from the start of your rental application process through to your rent payment — making it easier than ever to get started in your apartment
We focus on apartment communities that deliver excellent rental experiences. We can’t wait to welcome students to their new D.C.-area homes.
Communities Near D.C. Universities
We manage apartment communities all over the city, and we pride ourselves on being able to answer “Do you have student apartments near me?” with a resounding yes. Making your college experience safer by living off-campus also comes with additional perks, including many amenities, great locations, and plenty of the comforts of home.
Circle Arms — Near George Washington University
Circle Arms is an urban apartment community in the neighborhood of Foggy Bottom, within close proximity to George Washington’s campus. Why not start your college year with an amazing rooftop view of the city and easy commute each day to your classes? Circle Arms has what you need to have a successful school year, including:
- Cable- and internet-ready apartments, perfect for hybrid or online classes
- Updated appliances
- Furnished apartments
- Central heating and A/C
- Easy access to the cultural landmarks of D.C.
The Archer Near American University
If you’re looking to stay close to campus while attending American University, The Archer has the affordable and well-maintained apartments you’re looking for. In addition to its great location, you’ll love the various floor plans and historic building that only adds to the charm of moving to D.C. The Archer offers:
- Plenty of storage in your apartment
- Bike storage available for free
- *In-unit washers and dryers (in select units)
- Package locker to hold delivered items safely
- 24-hour onsite maintenance for peace of mind
Connecticut House Near American University
For Van Ness apartments near American University, choose Connecticut House. Residents rave about everything from the well-beloved staff to the excellent cleanliness and location. It’s the perfect spot to get accustomed to D.C. and to find the right off-campus housing for you. This community provides:
- 24/7 staffed front desk
- Complimentary bike storage for getting even further around the city
- Controlled access community to keep you safe
- On-site laundry
- Furnished apartments available
How We Keep Our Residents Safe
We are doing its part to prevent the spread of COVID-19, so choosing our apartments comes with a lot of peace of mind. Our apartments are a great fit for students at any time, but our Bio-Protect program and the contactless amenities we offer help to provide additional peace of mind.
We know that finding housing that feels comfortable is always important, but especially when students are starting a new life stage and getting accustomed to school during a challenging time in history. Being able to control your own space in your own home while knowing your apartment community is doing its best to minimize your risk of exposure can go a long way toward helping with that comfort level.
Contact our leasing team today to start learning about the housing opportunities we offer. A leasing agent can answer your questions and help you schedule a safe tour.